The Legal Counsel role is a member of the Group legal team, working closely with both the Belgium Sales and Finance teams and the Group Legal function in providing the Belgium business with pragmatic, relevant legal advice across a whole spectrum of legal matters that apply to the business and its products and services including contracts management, intellectual property, data protection and security breaches.
Working as a Legal Counsel
- Accountable for the whole spectrum of legal matters that apply to the business and its products and services
- Support a range of Belgium and Group business areas in providing legal support and, in particular, the drafting, negotiation and execution of sales and purchase contracts and partnerships in the field of cybersecurity
- Supporting the process of tender responses as and when required and relevant
- Supporting the development of marketing offers in an international environment
- The management of all companies that make up the Orange Cyberdefense Belgium business, including the preparation of boards or directors, shareholder’s meetings, corporate finance operations, restructuring and the management of delegations of authority
- Identification, analysis and management of legal regulatory risks linked to Orange Cyberdefense’s activities with the support of group experts
- Management of the Company brands, domains and insurances
- Responsible for defining and managing all legal aspects of the Compliance Program (excluding accounting processes and training)
- Defending the interests of Orange Cyberdefense during pre-litigation or litigation cases
- Developing and updating best practice guidance with regards to contracts management and associated processes
- Ensure that Orange Cyberdefense Belgium complies with laws and guidelines related to its business or other activities and anticipate changing laws and codes of practice that may impact the business currently and in the future
- Support the Group Legal Counsels located across Europe as required and actively participate in the business matters of Orange Cyberdefense Legal team
You will report to the Belgium Country Manager but you also have dotted reporting lines into the Group Head of Legal, who is based in Paris.
What we expect of you
- Demonstrable experience in services contract drafting and negotiation
- Experience in data protection, intellectual property, limitations of liability, indemnification, etc.
- Demonstrate experience in corporate governance and ideally compliance
- Ideally familiar with technology/cybersecurity/comms businesses
- Excellent communicator in French and Dutch with a good English knowledge
- Acting as the single Belgium legal counsel - able to be autonomous, proactive and needs to be rigorous, voluntary and respectful of deadlines
- Analytical skills – highly analytical and able to examine the facts related to cases and contracts in order to develop a compelling legal argument in civil and commercial matters
- Persuasion – excellent persuasion skills
- Judgement and reason – sound judgement and exceptional reasoning skills. Needs to examine the evidence at hand and make decisions related to legal strategies and options
- Negotiation – strong negotiation skills, which can help with negotiating contracts, arriving at settlements in civil cases, and coming to an agreement about the terms of a plea deal. Be customer oriented in a very operational and international environment.
- Research skills – needs to conduct extensive research to learn about related cases and previous judgements that may have a bearing on the case at hand
- Communication skills – needs to effectively communicate both verbally and in written documents (such as legal summaries and statements)
What you can expect of us
A permanent position in an internationally, growing environment. You can find us in the Netherlands, France, the UK, Sweden, Norway, and Germany.
We are a threat research and intelligence-driven security provider offering unparalleled access to current and emerging threats. You end up in a financially healthy company and above all in a fantastic, motivated team within an innovative and inspiring environment where independence is encouraged.
- An attractive salary
- 32 vacation days
- Meal vouchers and eco-cheques
- Hospitalization and group insurance
- Offices in Ghent, Brussels, Nivelles, Rotselaar and Antwerp
- Company car with fuel card
- Working from home and flexible employment options
- A wide range of training and learning opportunities
Additional benefits such as …
A smartphone, laptop, sport activities, team building's, after work drink at Friday, … the good life